giovedì 3 settembre 2015

[TUTORIAL] Psycho Pass Dominator - cosplay prop with LEDs

I just love the series of Psycho Pass and I liked the idea of the Dominator with lights ~
I've found a way to do it easily so I decided to share it with everyone!

TIME : 10 h 30' +  drying time
DIFFICULTY : 2.5/5
MONEY: 1.5/5


WHAT YOU'LL NEED

  • The pattern made by Laitz
  • Scissor
  • Cardboard
  • Super glue or hot glue, or both or anything that can glue things together
  • 3V battery 
  • 5 blue LED diodes
  • Some little electric cables
  • Interrupter
  • Gesso
  • Acrylic paint (black and brown)
  • Silver sharpie
  • Pencil

Let's get started!


PART 1
  1. I've printed the pattern and then cut it out


  2. Then I've copied the pattern on the cardboard 4 times (because 3 layers were too thin, if you use a thick cardboard you could use only 3 o maybe 2 layers) and then cut the bases out

  3. Now I've cut the areas where the light is supposed to pass



  4. And then the center layer were cut again to let the diodes and the battery stay in place.

          

That's the moment when I started to work with LED, I'll try to explain how I proceeded in the easiest way possible!

In order to avoid waste of energy I've decided to do a parallel circuit like the one in the picture.
(actually I've used 5 LED but it doesn't change anything in the end, the structure is the same for any kind of parallel circuit with 2, 3 or more LED).
I didn't used the series circuit because I should have used a battery with higher power. (Ex: if I have 4 3 V LED I would use a battery that have 3 x 4 V, so 12 V; with the parallel circuit I would still use only a 3 V battery).

Basically I've just done the circuit and then I've put it in place. Unfortunately I forgot to take picture of this part, but in this video you can actually see how I did it.

In the picture below you can see how it looks with the LED on; I've let the threads out to test how the lights were...
And it's amazing (it's the first time that I do something like that and I'm so proud even if it isn't completed ahah)



Actually I've used white LED so to have a blue light I've covered the holes with blue plastic.



 PART 2

Now I've cut the sections that were supposed to stay on top to create some volume and 3D effects.





Then I've covered all with black gesso so I have a base to work on later.


Now I've just painted the surface with the right colors and tracked with a pencil and a silver sharpie the details





Now I've covered the gun with come vinyl glue to set everything aaaaaaaand here the final product!



Bonus: Yayoi Kunizuka istant

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento